Social Care Team Leader/Coordinator – Outreach services Kerry19th Jul 2019
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for experienced Social Care Coordinator/Team Leader to join Resilience’s specialist community service in Killarney. This role will be covering the Kerry region supporting children with disabilities (intellectual, physical and sensory), and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, supporting those who may present with behaviours that challenge.
Full time 40 hour contract. Mostly but not exclusively Monday to Friday day, afternoon and/or evening shifts. This role will entail completing assessments as well as other administration duties while covering front line if and when required. The successful candidate will report to the Community Services Coordinator and will play a key role in ensuring the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services.
Operate throughout County Kerry providing supports to families of children with disabilities. Outreach represents community and in-home supports for children outside of school hours. These community supports include but are not limited to leisure activities, independent living/life and social skills. Our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
- Minimum Level 8 Qualification in Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of completing needs assessments (desirable)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, motivate and supervise staff
- Have an understanding of and commitment to community work
- Be proactive and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT, administration, report writing and organisational skills.
- Possess a full clean driving licence and own vehicle.
- Be able to work evenings.
- Be prepared to be on call as required.
What we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team within our high performing person centred services.
- Constant support of line manager as well as an experienced leadership team within Resilience with proven expertise in this area.
- On-going continuous professional development through attendance at internal and external workshops, conferences and mandatory training.
- Access to continuous employee support and engagement including employee assistance programme and bike to work scheme.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Employee ‘Recommend for Resilience’ scheme.
Resilience’s mission is to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
Resilience provides outreach, respite and residential programmes and supports to people with disabilities (intellectual, physical and sensory), and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, supporting those who may present with behaviours that challenge.
Established in 2011, Resilience is wholly Irish-owned, international healthcare company. Since its establishment, Resilience has strived to diversify its services and positively change and enhance the lives of both children and adults.
Please contact Lorraine Mahon or Margaret Friel by calling 0656722875 for further information.
or complete the form below