Support Workers – Cork25th Jul 2019
Summary of the role/company background
Resilience Care has a number of full-time permanent positions available within our residential centers in Cork. Locations include Mallow, Fermoy and Cork City.
Resilience Care provide residential programs and supports to people with disabilities (intellectual, physical and sensory), and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, supporting those who may present with behaviours that challenge. We provide manager support and ongoing training to all of our employees. We have current opportunities on a full time and part-time basis.
Purpose of the Role:
We are seeking to recruit experienced Support Workers qualified to provide a professional, high quality and safe service to individuals with additional needs. Our staff work as part of a team and in consultation with each service user to ensure that the totality of the client’s needs are met in a person-centred way.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid holiday entitlements
- Full induction, training and ongoing development
- Service Manager & Team Leader support
- Paid ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Previous experience working with adults with physical, sensory and intellectual disability.
- Experience working with service users with Autism and Epilepsy.
- FETAC level 5/Social Care qualification or equivalent.
- Must have completed or be willing to complete a Patient Manual Handling course.
- Must have completed or be willing to complete a Child Protection course.
- Must have eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Be flexible, team orientated with a strong sense of empathy.
- A Full Drivers Licence is favourable but not essential
Reports directly to the Service Manager or designate.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the delivery of client care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of care plans.
- Ensure that practices within the service comply with Resilience Care’s policies and procedures to maintain high standards of practice
- Adhere to evidence based practice. Maintain and develop own professional competence
- Participate in Quality Assurance initiatives, if applicable
- Liaise with Multi-Disciplinary Teams (‘MDTs’) when required
- Provide support to colleagues working within the team setting.
- Act as a mentor for new staff and foster a positive learning environment
- Attend all mandatory training and updates in practice.
- Ensure confidentiality in all aspects of care.
- Must be aware of and implement safe working practices in all work areas
- Report potential hazards, incidents and concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and best practice in the provision of a safe work place for all
- Participate in the development and review of risk assessments and report concerns
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
Resilience Care Values
Knowing and doing what is right, always
Unlocking the power of the collective
Exacting in our standards
Uncompromising in our ambition to lead the market into the future of healthcare.
To apply, please contact Lorraine Mahon Or Margart Friel by:
Calling 0656722875 for further information.
or complete the form below