Social Care Service Manager – Naas14th Aug 2019
Service Manager (PIC) – Naas
Resilience Care are currently looking to recruit a Service Manager for our new residential service in Naas, Co. Kildare. The post holder will be responsible for the development and management of this service, with the support of an experienced service management team and a multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will report to Resilience Care’s Head of Social Care and will be the nominated Person in Charge (PIC) for the designated centre, ensuring the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with HIQA standards and relevant legislation. This is a pivotal role within the organisation and is a full-time, permanent position. The new incumbent must demonstrate the capacity to lead and develop services, underpinned by the principles of person centeredness and quality to ensure each person we support achieves their optimum potential. This role would suit an experienced service manager, PIC, PIPM or RNID.
- A third level qualification level 8 or higher or relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing/supervising staff
- Have an appropriate further qualification in Health or Social Care management (favourable).
- Proven experience in the disability sector.
- Knowledge of current policy and developments in the disability sector.
- Knowledge of the HIQA Inspection process
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Strong computer skills.
- Achievement of high standards and an ability to keep up with best practice
- Promotion of a continuous quality improvement approach using reflection and learning
- Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out assessments and care plans.
- Ensure each service user’s needs are set out in a Personal Support Plan.
- Review and update care plans as and when required and as indicated by HIQA standards.
- Be an active leader and role model for the team.
- Project manage new initiatives as required.
- Organise and participate in meetings, reviews and committees.
- Provide supervision and mentoring for staff.
- Be aware of the reporting requirements of the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities (January2013) and the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013.
- Promote Resilience Care’s duty to employees under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Effectively manage the service resources within budget provided.
What we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve success within a newly established Centre of Excellence where our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential
- Competitive salary
- Permanent contract
- Paid holidays
- Full training provided
- Comprehensive learning & development programme
- Working alongside and constantly supported by an experienced leadership team with an established track record in this area
Resilience’s mission is to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
Who we are
Resilience Care provides advanced home care and community-based social care services to individuals and families who need support as a result of injury, illness or disability. Established in 2011, Resilience Care are a wholly Irish-owned company. Since its establishment, Resilience Care has strived to diversify its services and positively change and enhance the lives of both children and adults.
Please submit your application in the box below.
Alternatively you can phone Lorraine Mahon or Margaret Friel for further information on 065 6722875.
Closing date for Applications is the 13th of August.