CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER III (PIC) – Enniscorthy, Wexford07th Aug 2019
PWS specialist residential service in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
Join our World-Class Team at Resilience as we Lead the Way in PWS
You’re an experienced Clinical Nurse Manager III (PIC) who’s keen to specialise and be part of a world-class healthcare team – breaking new ground in the support of people with Prader Willi Syndrome. You’d be excited to train with international specialists and represent Ireland in this complex area.
Another FIRST from Resilience Social Care
At Social Care from Resilience, we’re changing the face of support for people with Intellectual Disability and/or Autism, in Ireland. We offer progressive, one-to-one solutions which focus on empowerment for the people we support, rather than limiting their experiences of life. This spirit comes to life in our new specialist residential service supporting people with Prader Willi Syndrome (‘PWS’) in Enniscorthy – designed in line with best practice guidelines and providing individualised accommodation, with support.
What is the Position?
You will be a Full-time, Permanent Clinical Nurse Manager III (PIC) reporting to Resilience Head of Social Care. You will be the nominated Person in Charge for the centre, supported by an experienced Senior Management Team and a Multi-Disciplinary Team.
What is the Role?
As Nurse Manager you will be responsible for the development and management of the new, highly-specialised service – leading and managing the team. As an ambassador of Resilience Social Care’s values, you will represent:
Best Quality – providing best-in-class care always.
Individuality – applying a person-centred approach to meet each individual’s abilities, needs and challenges.
Empowerment – helping all our service-users live their very best life and achieve their optimal potential.
What Will Your Responsibilities Be?
- prepare the service for registration as a designated centre and ensure ongoing compliance;
- develop knowledge and expertise to support people with PWS in line with best practice guidelines;
- ensure all people we support receive the ongoing clinical and medical interventions they need;
- build and maintain relationships in an inter-disciplinary team and multi-stakeholder environment.
What Is Required?
You will have:
- RNID qualification and be registered and approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI);
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ management/supervisory experience;
- Appropriate further qualification in Health or Social Care management;
- Experience working with people with disabilities and their families;
- Knowledge of best practice in services for people with PWS;
- Experience in managing Registered Centres in line with National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities (January 2013) and the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013.
How Will You Benefit?
This is your opportunity to:
- Focus and specialise in the unique, complex area of PWS.
- Make your mark as part of a service that will grow to become a national centre of excellence.
- Learn and develop with training given by international specialists in PWS.
- Enjoy a personal, one-to-one approach to nursing, away from hectic ward work.
- Advance your knowledge and understanding with a comprehensive learning and development programme.
- Learn from, and work alongside, a strong senior management team.
- Lead a high calibre team to achieve success.
- Enjoy the rewards of a competitive salary, paid holidays and fully-subsidised healthcare*.
- Gain the security of a permanent contract.
*Terms & Conditions apply
Interested candidates should send their CV in strict confidence by completing the application box below.
Alternatively you can call Margaret Friel or Lorraine Mahon in our Talent Acquisition team for further information on 065 6722875.
Closing Date for all applications is close of business on Wednesday 21st August.